Wednesday, February 3, 2010

HW#86

A. 1. At the school bazzar was a table with an assortment of junk. In the clutter I spotted some old binoculars.
2. The climber felt for a toehold. His foot slipped into a cleft in the rocks.
3. The locusts blanketed the farmland. They swarmed over axres of crops in a terrible plague.
4. Against the blue sky, the snowfall glimmered like diamonds. The flakes fell softly.
B.
1. My mom hired a tutor to help me with my schoolwork, I have seen an improvement in my writing, and my grades have gone up.
2. During the investigation, Mr.Maddox interviewed the witness, he asked for their versions of events, and they described what they had seen.
3. A waiter returned a wallet to its owner, the owner was very relieved and she gave the waiter a reward.
C.
What weights about a thousand pounds and snoozes in Florida Bay? The answer is a manatee. Manatees are ocean mammals. They live in Florida's tropical waters. Mantees feed at nighttime and sleep during the day. Each night a mantee searches for food, it grazes on water plants, and it will consume the equivalent of about one-tenth of its body weight. Mantees are in danger. Humans are destroying their habitats. Motorboat propellers hit mantees restingjust below the waters surface.

No comments: